Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pass Me a Cookie

I recall a wonderful beautician I had when I lived in Texas.  Every time I walked out of her shop, I looked like I had the best hair style in town.  But not only did I get my hair done; I got my head done too.  She always deposited positive words of wisdom in me.  One day I told her about an incident with my son and the discipline that followed from his father.  As I shared this with my beautician, she simply told me wait until your husband is finished then go give your son a cookie.  Not a literal cookie, but the motherly love that will remind him that discipline comes because we love him.  The cookie represented the encouragement and love needed to move on from that moment.    And on a side note, when my mother disciplined me, she used to say, “This hurts me more than it hurts you.”  I never believed that until I became a mother and my own child needed discipline!

Discipline, correction, even constructive criticism does not feel good; however, it is a necessary part of the process of building character, building hope, and helping you pursue your destiny and reach your goals. — Pass Me a Cookie

Be aware of your inner voice that often questions “Can I?” “Will I be able to…?”  Do not allow it to keep you from doing you. – Pass Me a Cookie

On your journey to success, there will be obstacles, but continue to pursue.  I remind you to stand firm and prepare yourself to go forward.

What is your cookie?  What keeps you with a positive mindset focusing on what lies ahead?  Is it your faith in God?  Is it knowing that the Bible says that you can, with faith, tell the mountain to move out of your way and it will move?  (Paraphrased from Mark 11:23).  Maybe your cookie is knowing that the Bible says in Matthew 19:26 with God all things are possible. 

Maybe your cookie is your determination to be a change agent, to be the one to make a difference?  If so, recall this famous quote from Mahatma Gandhi, you must be the change you wish to see in the world.

Nothing is accomplished as you sit idly wondering and wishing.  Get up, bake the cookies AND pass them around.  Allow your excitement and determination to be contagious.







SharB~TTSD
#TakeTheScaffoldingDown

No comments:

Post a Comment